Employment based green card application Law Employment based green card application:

1. How can I qualify for the employment based green card application?
If you have a permanent job offer from an American employer, either a company, organization, or individual.

2. Can I qualify for employment based immigration without an employer?
You might be able to file a petition without any employer’s sponsor, if you are aliens of “exceptional ability” in science, education, business, or athletics.

3. What kind of position offered can allow me to file a immigration petition?

It does not matter whether the position offered is a professional, which usually requires a bachelor degree, skilled, a position of two year experience requirement, or an unskilled worker. The difference will be processing time and level of difficulty of the application.

4. How long does it take for me to get a green card by filing this petition?
It depends on the geographic location of the filing. It could be varied from nine months to four years.

5. Can my family get the green card with me at the same time?
Your spouse and under 21 years old children may be able to get the green card with you.

6. How can my employer be a qualified sponsor?
Basically, the employer should show good faith in recruiting Americans to take the vacancy, and financially capable to pay you a certain wage, and prove that the business is running solid.

7. What is the first step in applying for an employment based green card?The first step is to file the “Labor Certification” to the Department of Labor. Upon approval of the labor certification, the application should be send to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) formerly know as “INS”.

8. Do I have to wait for my green card in the United States?
No, if you chose to wait outside of the United States or you do not have the legal visa to stay in the United States, your case will be forwarded to the Consulate processing and the United States Consulate Office where you are located will contact you for a green card interview.

9. Do I have to work for the sponsor while my application is pending?
No, you do not, as long as they promise to offer you this permanent position upon approval of your green card.

10. What kind of document should my sponsor provide?
Basically, documents regarding the recruiting and the financial document.

11. How do I know if I am qualified for the alien with extraordinary ability?
You can fax or email you resume for our review.